How can you sign-up for MyChart?
Click on New User Sign Up in the black box off to the right. If you do not have a MyChart Activation Code, click Request Online. When you receive the activation code you can proceed with the sign-up process. If an activation code is not provided to you, you will need to request one in person, as your identity needs to be confirmed before granting access to your health information. At your next appointment, you will be asked if you would like to sign-up. If you say yes, you will be offered a code via email or the option to receive the printed code. To access the sign-in screen, you can follow the link in the access code email, or click on the MyChart header on the salemclinic.org website. You will need your date of birth and partial social security number to complete the sign-up from there. You are welcome to pop in to one of our five convenient locations at anytime to request the access code if you do not want to wait for your next appointment.
What can you do through MyChart?
- Communicate with your Salem Clinic primary care provider’s (PCP) team, as well as any Salem Clinic surgeon or OB/GYN.
- Review test results and medications
- Request prescription refills
- Request appointments with your PCP and/or specialist
- Review information for future and past appointments
- View, download and send your health summary to providers outside of Salem Clinic
- Track your progress on health goals (blood pressure, pain, etc.)
- Access your family’s MyChart accounts
- Review your discharge instructions from Salem Hospital or West Valley Hospital
Why did we move from Follow My Health to MyChart for your online health record?
On February 1, 2016, Salem Clinic upgraded electronic health record software from AllScripts to Epic. Through the Community Connect program, your Salem Clinic Epic health record is fully integrated to your Salem Health/Salem Hospital health record. The patient portals associated with each program are different and we were not able to transfer your username and password to the MyChart portal. The MyChart portal allows for secure online access to your health information 24/7.